To add a social user, An employee's personal email address that is connected to one of their social accounts (such as Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, or Apple) is required. Skip to:
Adding 1 social user:
- Go to Users & Permissions > Add New > Social User
- Enter the email address of the user and click on 'Send Invite'
- When the user receives the invite, the user will be able to:
- Click on "Create My Account" link
- Choose the platform the user would like to use to login to Sparrow. The user will be redirected to the website of the platform they chose (Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, Apple or personal Microsoft accounts).
- Sign in using the email address where the invite was sent. Learn more about signing in here.
- The user account will be activated after successfully signing in and they'll be redirected back to the portal.
⚠️ If the user has not received the invite, please ask them to check the Spam or Junk folders.
Adding social users in bulk:
- Go to Users & Permissions > Add New > Social User and click on "Send Bulk Invite"
- Download the CSV template that you can use as a guide. The CSV template will require a list of personal emails (Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, Apple or personal Microsoft accounts).
- Modify and save the CSV, and upload it
- The system will read the CSV file you've uploaded and scan:
- Valid emails. Email addresses that the social invite email will be sent to.
- Invalid emails. Email addresses that are misspelled or do not follow the proper email format (i.e. example@firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Duplicate entries. Email addresses that have been entered more than once in the CSV file.
- Click on Send Invite
- Follow the steps indicated above, in adding one social user (Step 3. When the user receives the invite...)